WISTA South Africa was reformed in 2019 and brings together women in the sector working at a management level in the maritime, shipping, trading, logistics and related industries from the Public, Private and Non-Governmental Organisation (“NGO”) sectors.
WISTA South Africa hopes to create value for members and other stakeholders through various initiatives and focus areas:
- Promoting and facilitating contacts and exchanges of experience between its members.
- Promoting mentorship of junior maritime industry participants.
- Promoting gender diversity in the workplace and supporting leadership development of both women and men.
- Promoting the continuing education and networking opportunities of its members.
- Positioning as a centre of exchange of information on inclusivity in the workplace.
- Engaging with other professional bodies and representing WISTA South Africa at industry and national engagements.