ATTRACTING YOUNG TALENT TO THE TRANSPORT INDUSTRY
Companies in the transport sector are often faced with the challenge of attracting young talent. This is an issue not only at company level, but for the whole industry. The transport sector must therefore find appealing and creative ways to stand out and position itself as an attractive and innovative industry, tackling chronic unemployment and building skills development.
What is the concept?
To address this collective need, African Ports and Rail Evolution is organising an initiative for university students to present a concept that tackles a major challenge in the transport sector. Over two days, students will work through a challenge written by Startup Hatchery and during a prize giving, taking place after the final conference session, the winning group will be announced.
- Gain exposure with top industry professionals
- Receive a complimentary pass to African Ports and Rail Evolution, worth over R7000
- Have the opportunity to be interviewed by a leading media partner
- Collect a hamper from Gautrain for participating
- Winning students will receive a business mentorship from The Startup Hatchery
Become a partner!
As a partner company to the student challenge, you will benefit from:
- Reputation-building: position your company as innovative and forward-looking by becoming an active part of this fun and engaging challenge
- Talent pool development: the engineers and business managers of tomorrow will recognise your brand as a key potential employer and you will be able to select individual candidates
- New ideas: get creative solutions and different perspectives on your business challenges
- Qualitative engagement: interact with some of the best students in Africa
For more information on becoming a partner or sponsor of the Student Challenge, contact Kelly Easton on KellyEaston@dmgevents.com
Senior Specialist, Huawei Enterprise Business Group, South Africa
COO, Gautrain Management Agency, South Africa
Co-founder and Chief Business Officer, The Startup Hatchery, South Africa
Export Development Manager, Trade and Investment KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Official mobility partner:
Participating tertiary institutions:
Corporate elegance in the heart of Durban. Hilton Durban is an iconic landmark hotel in a supreme location next door to the Durban International Convention Center, easy access to Durban’s beaches and minutes away from all sport stadiums. Step inside the hotel and find elegant rooms with magnificent views, world-class dining, and modern facilities for business and relaxation — everything you need for a remarkable stay in South Africa’s Leading Business Hotel. Website:www.durban.hilton.com
uShaka Marine World is Durban’s most exciting place to visit, shop, eat or play. Situated on Durban’s Golden Mile, uShaka offers something for everyone from the largest aquarium in Africa, dolphin and seal shows at Sea World, thrilling slides and pools at Wet ‘n Wild, the largest jungle gym in Africa at uShaka Kids World, a Zanzibar warehouse of reptiles at Dangerous Creatures to an obstacle course with netted mazes and zip lines at Rope Adventure Park. Plus there’s shops and restaurants at Village Walk and Sea Animal Encounters Island, where guests can snorkel, feed a ray or shark dive. www.ushakamarineworld.co.za.
Extensive experience in Sandblasting, perfecting the delicate process in which a diverse range of emblems are reproduced on Glass or Crystal. Logos as well as more intricate patterns are re-produced without losing clarity or detail. This makes it an ideal Corporate gift, Company Incentive or a special occasion. Website : https://dianke.co.za